Cave & Sons
Established in 1906, Cave & Sons Ltd is one of the oldest surviving firms of independent Stockbrokers and Investment Managers in the UK. We offer a wide range of stockbroking, financial planning, and wealth management services to a diverse client base. We are currently looking for an experienced Paraplanner to join our Financial Planning team.
As a firm, we provide advice on investments, pensions, protection, and specific tax planning. This is an integral role in providing technical support to our Financial Advisers and working closely with the administrative team to carry out research into financial solutions and prepare suitability reports to send to clients. The role will provide the opportunity for growth and development within the department, so we are looking for someone who is future-focused and eager to develop their knowledge and skillset, who isn’t put off by a challenge, and who will make a positive contribution to the team here at Caves. Experience in a similar role is preferred.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing detailed financial planning suitability reports aimed at meeting the needs and objectives of our clients over a wide range of investment, pension and insurance products.
- Liaising directly with the Financial Advisers to carry out detailed research and provide technical support.
- Liaising with the administration department who will package reports to be sent to clients.
- Preparing Cashflow analysis reports for clients.
- Speaking with product providers around product specific information.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory and product changes by keeping up to date with annual CPD requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Be level 4 Diploma qualified or hold a specific paraplanning qualification.
- Have previous experience in a financial planning or wealth management business, either in a financial planning or paraplanning role.
- Have strong attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills.
- Possess excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
- Work well under pressure and thrive on managing a busy workload.
- Be an effective communicator, both written and verbally.
- Be professional and able to work as part of a team.
- Display good use of initiative and be able to work independently.
- Be competent in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word & Excel) and adaptable to using new IT software.
- Be motivated and ambitious for personal and professional development.
- Have critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Have prior experience working with confidential information.
- Knowledge of cashflow modelling would be advantageous but not essential.
- Have sound technical knowledge surrounding pensions and investments.
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata).
- Pension scheme with 5% employer contribution.
- Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- Study support.
- A friendly, social team environment.
As we are FCA regulated, we are required to undertake a standard DBS check on all new staff members joining the firm.
Application deadline: 11/07/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Masks are worn when staff are away from their desks, and hand sanitiser is distributed around the office. Numbers of people in communal areas are limited, and surfaces are wiped down regularly.
- Have you taken any R0 exams? If yes, please specify which.
- Do you hold Level 4 Certificate in Paraplanning (or equivalent)?
- Do you hold Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent)?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.